You know the kind..always to work early..working circles around his coworkers, and doing several jobs at once.
That's my guy.
If you want it done...call Jimmy Mo.
This quality of his is one of the things that I love most about him.
When we work together on any project, I can always count on him to do his part quickly, efficiently and better than most.
On the down side..he sometimes thinks he needs to do my job too, when I am perfectly capable of doing it myself.
Just, at times, not as quickly as he would prefer.
And these are the times that the gitrdone quality becomes my worst nightmare.
It's a wonderful quality, unless you are a little laid back and in the center of his family circle.
And that is what I am.
I'm not sure how to express how absolutely skin crawling it can become to me except to say this;
Remember the guy who flipped out, attacked a man and ate his face off?
Everyone was horrified at the insanity of that guy. (He reportedly was hopped up on bath salts)
But at the time it happened I was suffering from a gitrdone worst nightmare and thought it wasn't crazy at all.
I even envisioned the "chew-ie" nagging the "chewer" to the point of the chewer saying,
"If you don't shut up I'm going to eat your face right off!!!!!"
I mean, I've been to that point..without the ingestion of any bath salts at all.
I am also not so gung-ho about doing jobs that others do or should get done.
I mean to say that I have a wee bit more patience than he does.
I would rather leave it to the professionals....but not my man.
Nope, in his mind he is capable of just about anything.
Therefore, work.never.ends.
Our weekend has consisted of him moving three loads of dirt, beginning the screening process of the front porch, and mowing the wheat field behind The Fort and then burning it.
Never mind that the farmers responsible for the wheat told us that they would burn it.
Nope...not fast enough.
I mean, Jimmy has a dirt track to build right there for crying out loud!
It's just not in his DNA to slow down or wait.
But right now..right this very moment, he is sitting with me on the front porch of The Fort listening to the rain hit the tin roof..and enjoying every drop.
And I will go because I know for sure that as soon as the rain stops he will be gittinrdone all over again :)
| This boy LOVES driving a tractor..he calls this property "three acres of fun" |
| Future site of Lake Chicot Motor Sports Park |
| Jimmy, the guy out in the middle of everything he is allergic to! |
| The front porch of The Fort |
| The Fort is finally shaping up |
| Load of dirt #1 spread..check, property mowed..check |
| Dirt loads #2 & #3 spread to perfection..check |
| Did I mention he also likes to play with fire? |
| Beautiful sunset over the corn fields..my favorite part of the day spent on the porch |









No comments:
Post a Comment