Monday, July 8, 2013

THEY STILL DO


AMY, AFTER TERRY'S PROPOSAL AND SEEING HER BEAUTIFUL DRESS



MY TRUE LOVE WALKING AMY DOWN THE ISLE...SHE'S STILL CRYING!



AMY AND TERRY ENTERING THE RECEPTION AND SEEING THEIR ROLL TIDE CAKE

ROLL TIDE Y'ALL

CUTTING HER BEAUTIFUL (AND DELICIOUS) BRIDE'S CAKE

TELENA MADE A WONDERFUL SLIDE SHOW THAT PLAYED ON ALL OF THE T.V.'S IN THE RECEPTION HALL

THEIR FIRST DANCE

JEFF TOASTING THE BRIDE AND GROOM

TERRY THROWS THE GARTER...AND MICHAEL CATCHES IT!

MOTHER, SON DANCE AFTER MICHAEL SHEDS THE TUX

SWEET DADDY, DAUGHTER DANCE

THE SMILE ON AMY'S FACE SAYS IT ALL ABOUT THIS DAY..
I WILL CHERISH THIS ALWAYS!

About a year ago I received a phone call from my brother-in-law, Terry. He proceeded to tell me that this year would be Amy and Terry's 19th wedding anniversary. He said that he wanted to do something special for Amy and he wanted it to be a surprise. He knew that she would not be expecting anything "big" for their 19th and that is why he chose to do it this year.
The big surprise was...A WEDDING.
I almost choked when he said it to me.
I mean, a guy..surprising his wife..with a big..fat..wedding!!
I was so moved that I began to cry. I just KNEW how wonderfully special this would be for my baby sister.
They did not have a wedding 19 years ago and so Terry wanted to give Amy the gift of a beautiful ceremony with family and friends to share it with. (yeah, I cried at that statement too!)

But how in the world were we going to pull off this big secret for a year??!!
I decided to just put it out of my mind for months so that I wouldn't slip up during my conversations with Amy. It was easily done for a while.
All was well until last month when the conversations between Terry and I were more frequent...did she suspect anything??..I was convinced I blew it a couple of weeks ago when I called Terry and she was with him..our conversation was just too awkward.
And let me tell you, Amy and I have CIA qualities in common.
We question almost everything and are always on alert...we can usually sniff out what is undetectable to the common civilian in a nanosecond.
But..we pulled it off. She was so busy preparing to get her first child off to college that her super CIA senses were preoccupied. (Hail State!)

And so Saturday the 6th of July (wedding day) finally arrived among the chaos of a holiday weekend, taking Katie to college and afterwards a getaway to the mountains for Amy and Terry...which she knew about. She had plenty to be preoccupied with!

The family arrived at the church building early that day.
We were all hiding in a classroom waiting for that moment..the moment Terry and Amy would have to stop by the church to drop something off before they went on their "date"that evening.

We were hidden but could hear him in the hallway as he went down on one knee and asked her to marry him again.

Her tears began to flow and then..we opened the door......more tears (by her and everyone else).
As I was receiving a big, silent, tearful hug from her I told her that there was more.....
She turned the corner and saw her beautiful wedding gown and then she knew a wedding was about to take place..and it was her very own.
For the next two hours she had her hair and makeup done and was fitted for her dress.
Their girls and their boys dressed in their beautiful gowns and tuxedos as we all told her about the past year of secrets.

She continued to cry tears of joy as one surprise after another was revealed throughout the night.

The ceremony was beautiful and perfect with the littlest family members dancing..and crying!
There they were, the whole family...together, celebrating the love that has kept them all together over the years.
Hearing Terry say his new vows was my favorite moment.
When he told her that 19 years ago he entered a contract marriage for all the wrong reasons.
But seven years ago he chose to serve and honor Christ.
He then began to view his love for Amy and their marriage very differently.
It was no longer a contract marriage, it became a covenant marriage between Christ, Amy and Terry.
I cried big elephant tears at that point!!!(we no longer say alligator tears in the Mosley house..Roll Tide)
Afterwards we gathered at the reception for a night of food, dancing and lots and lots of laughter.

It was all so beautiful and profound and holy and unforgettable.

Thanks Amy and Terry for sharing your very real journey of True Love with us all.
May God continue to bless your holy union.


No comments: