Ah Hang Out Fest...or as I call it Stoner Fest. It happens every year in May at the beach in Gulf Shores Alabama. If you have never attended, it is almost indescribable. Enormous stages are set up on the beach and bands play at these stages beginning @ around 11 a.m. and continue until 11 p.m. for three days. Thousands and thousands of people attend. And as you can imagine, the intoxication process begins on Thursday..and lasts alllll weekend. These people get to the concert early and stand in front of a certain stage
for hours just to see their favorite band perform. If you enter the festival mid-day you may think you will never get close enough to hear/see the bands you would like. But, Music Man taught us that most of the crowd is completely intoxicated..which allows us sober folks to shimmy all the way up to the front with no problem. And that, my friend, is exactly what we did! Jimmy and I arrived to the concert midway through the Black Crows (around 6:30 p.m.). Ten minutes after arriving at the very back of the crowd..we were standing behind Music Man and Amber who were leaning on the gate underneath the stage :) You can see Amber in a picture during the Tom Petty performance. She has a blue bandana tied on her head and her arms crossed over the gate. Brandon is behind her..Jimmy is behind B and I'm guessing I am somewhere beside him. You can see Amber and Jimmy in the photo but not Music Man or me. It was an amazing show! And much to my surprise, I had a great time at both the Black Crows and Tom Petty. I must confess, being engulfed in this type of crowd is somewhat depressing to me. I prayed a lot before attending this event. However, my annoyance with those "hammered" fans was bubbling up before Tom Petty took to the stage. The title of this blog comes from a girl standing behind Jimmy and I. Upon her arrival to the spot behind us she asked Jimmy "Hey mister sir, can you hold these for five?" She was referencing her flip flops. And in true Jimmy Mo fashion he said yes! I gave him the "Are you crazy??" look. She then asked the guy next to me if her boyfriend could use his towel to WIPE HIS BLOODY NOSE. Unlike Jimmy, the towel guy said "No". (My immediate thought was..if you touch me with that blood or throw up near me YOU ARE GOIN' DOWN). I began to pray again.
We were then subjected to the reason of the nose bleed which was from snorting Ever-clear. So, note to crowd..never.snort.Ever-clear. We also learned that their group were Ole Miss students and were very proud of their Hotty Toddy status. Proud enough that the boyfriend proceeded to moon us all as to show his HOTTY TODDY tattoo on his butt (yep, HOTTY on one cheek..TODDY on the other) I then looked at the hubs and said "Please drop those flip flops before you catch something!!!!"
Before long Tom Petty and The Heart Breakers took to the stage and all.was.well. The Hotty Toddy crew disappeared midway through the show and I had more room to dance :) Don't worry.. Music Man was in front of me and never saw a thing :)
So, we did it. We survived another Hangout Fest. Brandon and Amber made it up front to every show that they desired to watch and so did Cathryn, big brother, dad and mom. Glad I went..and also glad it's over!
 |
| I took some freakin' awesome pics fo sho |
No comments:
Post a Comment