Happy New Year January 2013
So this is how the Mosleys begin our year each year...at the "Grayton Beach House" as we all call it.
It is a wonderful home on the Gulf with a heavenly view of sand, water and sky.
We try to take a group picture each year. This year's pic was taken on the deck that opens up to heaven on earth. It happened to be very cold on the day we took this. I believe everyone was on paddle boards and in kayaks the day before!
One night during our holiday time together this year, our sweet Hayden came to me at the dining table while I was finishing my dinner and asked me if I would follow him. What then unfolded as I followed him to the stairway, was the very best beginning to my year that I could ever have asked for. Hayden had placed a bench in the entry facing the stairway for me to sit on. On the stairs were Hayden and Cooper singing and dancing to Hayden's favorite Alabama song; Song Of The South. Can you picture these two munchkins on those stairs, in their underwear, singing with all their might?! They were quickly joined by Rees, Owen and Ashlyn (who kept turning the cd player off to aggrivate her brothers!) Soon our other family members got wind of this impromptu talent show and joined me in the entry. I can honestly say that it was the very best new year celebration that I have ever experienced and I will carry that memory in my heart always!
The New Year came and went by so fast..as always we were in the throws of Mosley Mayhem! |
No comments:
Post a Comment